A co-polymer of ethylene and propylene monomers is known as EPM. When Diene monomers are combined to enable cross-linking, it is known as EPDM rubber.
Standard operating temperature Range:
-50 OC to +150 OC
40 – 90 Shore A
- Excellent weather, sunlight, ozone resistance
- Excellent hot water/steam resistance
- Good heat resistance
- Excellent electrical insulation and dielectric properties
- Good resistance to polar chemicals
- Good low temperature properties
- Poor resistance to mineral and hydrocarbon oil
- Due to its outstanding weather, sunlight and ozone resistance, mostly used in outdoor rubber components
- Automotive windshield, weather-strips, door-seal etc
- Automotive radiator hose, coolant hose, radiator gasket etc
- Cable insulation and jacketing
- Window and architectural profiles in construction industry.