The first synthetic rubber developed during world war-II. This is famously known as Neoprene rubber, trade name of its developer, Du pont.
Standard operating temperature Range:
-50 OC to +100 OC
40 – 90 Shore A
- Good physical properties.
- Good dynamic properties
- Good weather, ozone, sunlight resistance
- Good fire extinguishing properties
- Moderate to fair resistance to petroleum oils, chemicals
- Poor resistance to certain types of solvents
- General purpose mouldings, extrusions, seals, gaskets, hoses, profiles, roll, belts, bearings, lining, rubberized fabric, shoe soling etc.
- Contact Adhesives