It is a group of elastomer, having Fluorine atom in the side chain. Fluoroelastomers are known for their outstanding heat and chemical resistance. The operating temperature range and resistance to chemicals depend on the raw rubber grade, which can be differentiated based on the type of monomers.
Standard operating temperature Range:
-30 OC to +250 OC
50 to 90 Shore A
- Excellent resistance to variety of Chemicals, Solvents, Mineral Oils, Acids
- Excellent resistance to heat
- Outstanding resistance to weathering and ozone.
- Average mechanical properties, both static and dynamic
- Good electrical properties at high temperature
- Poor low temperature properties
- Very less gas permeability
- Applications requiring Chemical resistance at high temperature.
- Aerospace industry
- Oil drilling components
- Automotive industry for extreme applications
- Industrial applications in extreme environments
- Cable and wire industries
- Chemical industry