ASTM Designation: NR
Standard operating temperature Range:
Standard Colour: Black
Description: Natural Rubber is the only naturally grown rubbery material. It is made from drying of Latex (also known as Rubber milk) of Hevea brasiliensis tree.
-50 OC to +80 OC
40 – 90 Shore A
- Excellent physical properties - high tensile strength, high resilience, high abrasion resistance, high tear properties
- Excellent dynamic properties
- Poor chemical, oil, solvent resistance properties
- Poor heat resistance
- Poor weather, ozone, UV resistance
- Although allergic, Natural rubber can be used for certain FDA applications.
- Tyre treads and other components of tyres.
- General purpose mouldings, extrusions etc.
- Thin walled, soft products such as balloons, surgical gloves, contraceptives etc