This rubber is also known as Buna-N. This is most widely used rubber in oil-resistant applications, with moderate temperature range.
Standard operating temperature Range:
-50 OC to +100 OC
40 – 90 Shore A
- Excellent oil resistance
- Good physical properties.
- Properties vary based on the monomer content in this co-polymer.
- Good dynamic properties
- Good low temperature properties
- Oil resistance applications, in the moderate temperature range such as seals, gaskets, O-rings, bellows, hose,
- General purpose mouldings, extrusions, seals, gaskets, hoses, profiles, roll, belts, bearings, lining, rubberized fabric, shoe soling etc.
- Rubber rollers for various applications.
- Automotive Engine applications
Carboxylated NBR (XNBR) is used for applications requiring enhanced abrasion resistance